09 November 2010

Over the hill or just starting the climb?

Even with our hectic schedule, we have to work in some time for fun eventually and what better occasion than my “special” birthday? That’s right, this weekend it was finally time to wave so long to my twenties and begin the trek up the thirties hill. It was surprisingly less painful than I thought it would be, especially since I got to celebrate surrounded by friends and family.

On Friday night we had a great time bowling with some of the guys from C’s class. It was nice to finally meet some of his classmates and see everyone relax after a tough week.



Saturday, C threw me the first birthday party I’ve had in quite some time. We were joined by a house full of good friends, and even my mom and sister flew out to join the festivities (a special thanks to them for coming out and to my dad for “going Irish” to get them here). We all had fun sampling delicious food and wine and getting to know new friends.






Also, on the good news front, we welcomed to the neighborhood (and to the party) some friends from our home base that we’ll not only get to know better here during the next year, but we’ll also get to go home with!

C with our friends, B & M
 If I had to pass another decade, I’m glad I got to do it in the company of such great people!